Friday, November 26, 2010

"Last Call" - Coming Soon!

I need a drink.

A big one.

Or two.

Two shit weeks in a row at work had put me on edge, and my bitch switch was fused in the open position. I had been short and snippy with everyone from the parking attendant to the security guard at work to the woman who has poured my medium caramel mocha latte every day for the last six years. This evening, however, was the very last straw. This evening, I snapped. This evening, I packed up my desk after another fourteen hour day, dumped my blackberry and my company ID card on my boss’ desk and said adios. Thanks but no thanks. Hasta la vista, baby. Ciao fucker.

Well, you can’t un-ring a bell, as my daddy likes to say, so I turned on the three inch heel of my favorite Prada shoe and strode out of the building, head held high. Once you made a decision, you have to stick by it; that’s my motto.

The next decision I made was to find me a nice piece of young, firm man-meat and make myself feel better. And to do that, I was going to need a nice, stiff drink. So, now, I’m on the prowl. Go ahead and call me a slut, cougar, whore, whatever. I’ve been called worse by people closer to me than you and survived it; I’ll survive this. What I will not survive is another night of feeling like the walking dead. What I will not survive is another night of being alone. I need to feel alive, especially after my day today.

I’m somewhat of a wallflower, not really confident enough to be forward with men. Now, if a man makes the first move, I can flirt with the pros. I just don’t make the first move. Tonight? I’m on the hunt. I need the release that only rough, anonymous sex can give me. So I made a conscious decision to, after I gathered my crap and dumped it in the trunk of my new car, get shit-faced and laid… preferably in that order.

I didn’t make this decision lightly – I’m not usually the one doing the picking up. That’s not my style. Hell, none of this is my style really, but since being me wasn’t working out too well for me lately, it was time to be ‘HER’.

You know who ‘HER’ is. She’s the one you see in the bar or the restaurant or the club – the bold, confident woman who doesn’t give a rat’s ass what anyone thinks of her. She’s having fun, going after what she wants, and only looking out for herself. That’s what I’m going to be tonight.

HER.

So you’d better watch out.

COMING SOON

11 comments:

Queenie said...

Yay, you're writing again!! LOL

I get to be the first comment and the first follower too!

Loved the tease... hope this chick finds what she's looking for real soon...

Unknown said...

Ooooh...I love HER!

mue03 said...

I don't want to read another fic, but I've read on your blog you will start a new.
I had to read the teaser and here I am.... waiting for it to start! LOL

Wildflower said...

Oh, now I'm excited! I love your stories!!!

Anonymous said...

I am very happy t see that you are writing again. This story sounds very intriguing! Can't wait for more!

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news that you're writing again, we've all missed you. Can't wait to read the next bit...sounds like it could be a Richie story!

Vicki

Judith said...

THANK YOU!!! It almost feels like Christmas! A new Hath story!!!! :)
I'll keep my fingers crossed it will be a Richie story! ;)

Bring it on! xxx

joviswillow said...

YAY!! So glad to see HER here, and can't wait to get to know HER better.

MBWL said...

That is some teaser, now I can't wait for the story to begin in earnest.
Love your stories Hath :-)

TaraLeigh said...

Aggressive and delicious.
Wow.
Sounds great, Hath!

Is this going to be in first person?

The Goddess Hathor said...

Thanks everyone for jumping-on-the-bandwagon early!

@Vicki and @Judith -- yes, it's a Richie story :)

@Tara, it's first-person, but I alternate the point-of-view between Aimee and Richie, so you get to hear both of their voices.

~ Hath